Its anyway to found out why I haven't get my settlement check if my lawyer call me on December of 2013,

Asked 3 months ago - Paterson, NJ

This accident happen in September 26 2009 and the last time I spoke to my lawyer a month ago he tell me a few more weeks check that they already have received the clearings from the madicaid department and I still waiting for my department. Please if you can give me any answer I would appreciated very much thank. Dionisia Guzman.

1. Richard P. Console

Pro

8

1

Best Answer

Answered . The best way to find out is to call your attorney and request a status update on the check. It can take a while when there are liens on the proceeds of the settlement.

2. Kristy L. Bruce

Pro

8

1

Answered . You should call your attorney and get an update. If you are waiting for documents from Medicaid or Medicare, it takes some time and can slow down the process and how fast you are able to get your check.

3. Michael T Warshaw

4

Answered . It sounds like the Medicaid issue is holding things up. Speak to your lawyer and ask him to clarify what is going on. It can take some time for this issue to be resolved, so continue to be patient.

4. William J Popovich

4

Answered . Medicaid can take quite some time and your attorney is required to ensure that there are no more monies owed, and must research this. He has liability if he does not do due diligence on the government's behalf here.

Pro

3

1

Answered . Liens typically take some time to resolve, but call your lawyer for an update.....

6. Jeffrey Mark Adams

3

Answered . Your question suggests that your lawyer is diligently working to resolve your lien issue. Wait a few more weeks then ask for a status report; I suggest.