It the state pick up charges and the victim dont testify against me do they still have a case against me? no witnesses involved.

Jonesboro, GA |
Filed under: Domestic violence

he has abused me several times i never reported it. the last time he attacked me he got cut, he told the police i did it, i didnt do it, the police took his side, i was bruised and cut and everything they took me to jail and let him stay free he got a battery charge but no jail time, the police didnt listen to my story. i am really the victim here but he turned the tables as if he is the victim. i cant afford an attorney please give me advise.

1. The State can proceed with the case either by compelling him to appear as a witness or, in certain circumstances, by proceeding on the officer's testimony alone. If you cannot afford a lawyer, then you are entitled to have one appointed to represent you. You need to get a lawyer.