It seems like I can start a company in USA according to the E2 Treaty Investor visa. How much capital must I invest minimum?

Asked 11 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

I am not a US citizen. The company I want to start is a web shop (clothes and accessories). What do you think would be a substantial investment in that company at minimum?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

17

1

Answered . The word in the treaties is "substantial". If you invest $100,000, you should be fine.

2. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

1

Answered . Depending on where you are applying, i.e. the US consulate abroad or for a COS while in the US, you should have at least $100-$150K to invest. Note that the amount of investment can include the value of any inventory committed to the enterprise.

3. Maria J. Marty

Pro

2

1

Answered . Depends on your US embassy and your business plan as well as your application as a whole. As a general rule if it's a small investment invest as much as it will take to run the business for one year. If that's not much then get as a close to 100K as you can. Having said that, it's possible to do it for less but it might require more. Es do not follow a clear formula. This visa category requires an attorney, and I am not one of those attorneys that says that all the time.