It says on my bill "Transcript costs for the court reporter, $ 578.--" What does that mean? Time or actual transcript?

Asked about 2 years ago - New York, NY

The amount was paid by me to my lawyer. He doesn't answer my questions about the amount. The court reporter says she has never written a transcript.
She was in the court room and typed for about 5-7 hours, I think. She says she doesn't know what I have payed my lawyer for.

What the heck did I pay for?

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

4

1

Answered . That usually refers to the costs of the transcripts plus any appearance fee. Ask your lawyer for a copy of the bill.

2. Paul Karl Siepmann

Pro

3

Answered . Ask your lawyer for a copy of the bill.

3. Daniel Simon Hahn Szalkiewicz

Pro

1

1

Answered . In most cases, and courtrooms, you only pay a court reporter if the transcript is ordered. You do not get charged just for the court reporter to sit in the courtroom.