It's been over 14 days since this message - "review of your I-485 was completed. You'll be notified of the decision by mail".

I - 130 for my wife was approved couple of weeks ago and " Case status " on I - 485 has changed to the following - " the review of your I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was completed . You will be notified of the decision by mail . If you have not received the decision within 14 days of the date above , please call customer service " It's been over 14 days and no update , what's going on ?

Woodbridge, VA -

Find Out More

Attorney Answers (3)

Christopher Michael Pogue

Christopher Michael Pogue

Immigration Attorney - Cincinnati, OH

It's important to keep in mind that the only official communication from USCIS that you can rely on are the notices that come in the mail. The online status update is meant to be helpful, but is often not accurate or up to date. With that said, it sounds like you should make a phone call to the USCIS Customer Service and make a Service Request. It may be that the notice was sent out by mail, but that their was an error in the delivery. Also, always make sure you are registered with your post office, that your names are clearly marked on your post box, and that you update any changes of address with USCIS immediately.

Representing clients throughout the US and around the world: (513) 549-4420. We cannot... more
Haroen Calehr

Haroen Calehr

Immigration Attorney - Houston, TX

Hard to say but usually if approved it would state so. There may be an issue and you'll have to await their notice. If you don't receive anything in 2 weeks call the customer service number and let them now.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

I agree with my colleagues.; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell:... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Featured Legal Guides

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.