It's been 24 hours since a car hit me. Should I know by now if I'll be getting charges?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Phoenix, AZ

The hospital took my PBL at 2.0. the accident was not my fault. What can I do now? And also what do I need to do legally to prepare. I have not given any statement.

Pro

9

Answered . It can take quite some time before you know whether you are charged . If you are, retain a local criminal lawyer, and do NOT make any statement without your lawyer present.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  2. Carmine John Giardino

8

Answered . As you can see, representing yourself without extensive legal experience or knowledge can prove to be a challenge. It may not be possible to learn every law or detail. A lack of time, resources, and knowledge are difficult obstacles to overcome. Your case is complex so it's better to hire a lawyer to handle it for you. There are a lot of excellent lawyers in your city.

3. Sean Michael Patrick

7

Answered . Mr. Lassen nailed it. Get an attorney, explain the situation to him, and keep your mouth shut until he advises you otherwise. Best of luck.

4. David E Ledyard

4

Answered . consult with a crimminal defense lawyer as soon as possible.

5. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

4

Answered . I agree with my colleagues, if you are facing potential criminal charges do not make any statements or admissions on a public forum. Hire a criminal attorney ASAP. Best of luck.