Skip to main content

It's been 10 months my husband has a 5 disc broken back. They are dragging this out!

Las Vegas, NV |

People are noticeing my husband is loosing it! 10 months of no cash flow. I'm the caregiver. They never call to see if we're ok! He has a broken back a fusion should have been done months ago. This case is looking odd to even our family doctor. Should I get this on record with a psychologist. It's serious. We have turned away business projects. And are struggling in every way! The lawyer and doctor have no feelings only spoke twice in 10 months. Very strange.

Attorney Answers 9

  1. Sorry to hear of your husband's serious injury & the serious effect it is having on your family.You should schedule an IMMEDIATE face to face meeting with your attorney so you can FULLY discuss all your questions.

    This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

  2. Unfortunately, cases take a long time to navigate through various discovery deadlines. However, based on your description it appears that your lawyer should be consulting with experts to address the loss income and future medical care your husband needs as part of the overall damage calculations.

    The information presented here is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The Goodman Law Group, P.C. recommends that you consult an attorney with experience in your specific legal issue. Please contact us to schedule a confidential discussion of your situation. Such communication does not create an attorney-client relationship of any kind until a formal engagement agreement is signed by both you and the Goodman Law Group, P.C.

  3. Unfortunately depending in the policy limits cases can take longer than desired. However, if your attorney is not calling you back or checking to see how you are doing you should begin to question why. I am a local Las Vegas personal injury lawyer and I try to always call my clients back. There are not many details of how the accident happened in your post. If you have any more question you can comment on my response and I will respond back as soon as I can.

  4. You should set up an appointment to see your attorney. Together you can explore options for dealing with your income loss. If 10 months has already gone by without work, you should certainly discuss social security disability. Don't allow things to drag on without being proactive yourself. Sometimes your attorney just needs a reminder that your situation is ongoing and that you need and want some attention.

    I will evaluate your case for free. I can also refer you to an attorney to help you if I cannot help you. Call me. Joyce J. Sweinberg, Esquire 215-752-3732 Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice. It is merely intended to provide general information to aid the poster in finding answers to the problem posed. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. In most cases, it is best to contact an attorney directly to find answers to your problems.

  5. 10 months, particularly a case of this magnitude is not a long time. S Hesiod a meeting with your lawyer. Good luck.

    Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff

  6. Unfortunately, 10 months is not actually a long time in personal injury cases. In Nevada, we have a two year statute of limitations (time in which to file a lawsuit), and sometimes it is necessary to use much of that in preparation for litigation. Especially in cases of magnitude, such as yours. That said, you should always feel comfortable checking in with your lawyer to see what the status is. Give them a call. Tell them you want more consistent contact from them.

  7. I agree with my colleagues that you should schedule a meeting with your attorney. There may be legitimate reasons for delays. If your attorney doesn't call you back or answer your questions, consider consulting with another attorney.

    If you would like a free consultation, call me at 702-823-3333.

  8. There are lots of reasons why a case can drag on. Unfortunately the legal process often takes longer than most people are prepared for. So a visit with your attorney is in order. But legal hurdles are no excuse for no communication. If you are unhappy even after speaking with your attorney or continue to receive poor communication, consider interviewing new attorneys and hiring someone else. It will not increase your legal costs. If you are going to change attorneys, do it sooner than later. Feel free to call my office if you would like to discuss this in detail. Good luck.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics