It's been 10 months my husband has a 5 disc broken back. They are dragging this out!

Las Vegas, NV |
Filed under: Personal injury

People are noticeing my husband is loosing it! 10 months of no cash flow. I'm the caregiver. They never call to see if we're ok! He has a broken back a fusion should have been done months ago. This case is looking odd to even our family doctor. Should I get this on record with a psychologist. It's serious. We have turned away business projects. And are struggling in every way! The lawyer and doctor have no feelings only spoke twice in 10 months. Very strange.

Sorry to hear of your husband's serious injury & the serious effect it is having on your family.You should schedule an IMMEDIATE face to face meeting with your attorney so you can FULLY discuss all your questions.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

Unfortunately, cases take a long time to navigate through various discovery deadlines. However, based on your description it appears that your lawyer should be consulting with experts to address the loss income and future medical care your husband needs as part of the overall damage calculations.

The information presented here is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The Goodman Law Group, P.C. recommends that you consult an attorney with experience in your specific legal issue. Please contact us to schedule a confidential discussion of your situation. Such communication does not create an attorney-client relationship of any kind until a formal engagement agreement is signed by both you and the Goodman Law Group, P.C.

Unfortunately depending in the policy limits cases can take longer than desired. However, if your attorney is not calling you back or checking to see how you are doing you should begin to question why. I am a local Las Vegas personal injury lawyer and I try to always call my clients back. There are not many details of how the accident happened in your post. If you have any more question you can comment on my response and I will respond back as soon as I can.

It was a car accident the fault of the dealer. It's not a tough case. I've been told.

Many people are concerned about my husband and myself. We are young and good people loosing time and money! I'm the caregiver. The lawyers wife told me when I called the office to tell them a loan company would be calling for us to get a loan. Out lawyers wife told me I wasn't the client and not to call. I have only calked once! She was rude to me as the wife of the injured! I'm the wife of the injured helping there case. I found that as a woman of honor and respect irresponsible and unforgiving as a client.

William Berry Palmer

William Berry Palmer

that is really unfortunate. my firm sued a car dealer a few years ago and recovered over 9 million dollars. I would love to meet with you and discuss the case further. please give me a call at 7023551612

You should set up an appointment to see your attorney. Together you can explore options for dealing with your income loss. If 10 months has already gone by without work, you should certainly discuss social security disability. Don't allow things to drag on without being proactive yourself. Sometimes your attorney just needs a reminder that your situation is ongoing and that you need and want some attention.

I will evaluate your case for free. I can also refer you to an attorney to help you if I cannot help you. Call me. Joyce J. Sweinberg, Esquire 215-752-3732 www.jjsassoc.net Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice. It is merely intended to provide general information to aid the poster in finding answers to the problem posed. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. In most cases, it is best to contact an attorney directly to find answers to your problems.

10 months, particularly a case of this magnitude is not a long time. S Hesiod a meeting with your lawyer. Good luck.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

Unfortunately, 10 months is not actually a long time in personal injury cases. In Nevada, we have a two year statute of limitations (time in which to file a lawsuit), and sometimes it is necessary to use much of that in preparation for litigation. Especially in cases of magnitude, such as yours. That said, you should always feel comfortable checking in with your lawyer to see what the status is. Give them a call. Tell them you want more consistent contact from them.

I agree with my colleagues that you should schedule a meeting with your attorney. There may be legitimate reasons for delays. If your attorney doesn't call you back or answer your questions, consider consulting with another attorney.

If you would like a free consultation, call me at 702-823-3333. www.naimidilbeck.com

Sounds like you need an aggressive local lawyer.

There are lots of reasons why a case can drag on. Unfortunately the legal process often takes longer than most people are prepared for. So a visit with your attorney is in order. But legal hurdles are no excuse for no communication. If you are unhappy even after speaking with your attorney or continue to receive poor communication, consider interviewing new attorneys and hiring someone else. It will not increase your legal costs. If you are going to change attorneys, do it sooner than later. Feel free to call my office if you would like to discuss this in detail. Good luck.