It's been 10 months my husband has a 5 disc broken back. They are dragging this out!

Asked about 1 year ago - Las Vegas, NV

People are noticeing my husband is loosing it! 10 months of no cash flow. I'm the caregiver. They never call to see if we're ok! He has a broken back a fusion should have been done months ago. This case is looking odd to even our family doctor. Should I get this on record with a psychologist. It's serious. We have turned away business projects. And are struggling in every way! The lawyer and doctor have no feelings only spoke twice in 10 months. Very strange.

1. Richard S. Johnson

Pro

10

Answered . I agree with my colleagues that you should schedule a meeting with your attorney. There may be legitimate reasons for delays. If your attorney doesn't call you back or answer your questions, consider consulting with another attorney.

If you would like a free consultation, call me at 702-823-3333. www.naimidilbeck.com
  2. Ross Carl Goodman

Pro

9

Answered . Unfortunately, cases take a long time to navigate through various discovery deadlines. However, based on your description it appears that your lawyer should be consulting with experts to address the loss income and future medical care your husband needs as part of the overall damage calculations.

3. William Berry Palmer

9

Answered . Unfortunately depending in the policy limits cases can take longer than desired. However, if your attorney is not calling you back or checking to see how you are doing you should begin to question why. I am a local Las Vegas personal injury lawyer and I try to always call my clients back. There are not many details of how the accident happened in your post. If you have any more question you can comment on my response and I will respond back as soon as I can.

4. Shoshana Kunin-Leavitt

8

1

Answered . Unfortunately, 10 months is not actually a long time in personal injury cases. In Nevada, we have a two year statute of limitations (time in which to file a lawsuit), and sometimes it is necessary to use much of that in preparation for litigation. Especially in cases of magnitude, such as yours. That said, you should always feel comfortable checking in with your lawyer to see what the status is. Give them a call. Tell them you want more consistent contact from them.

5. Michael R Crosner

9

1

Answered . Sorry to hear of your husband's serious injury & the serious effect it is having on your family.You should schedule an IMMEDIATE face to face meeting with your attorney so you can FULLY discuss all your questions.

Pro

9

Answered . Sounds like you need an aggressive local lawyer.

7. Joyce J. Sweinberg

Pro

8

1

Answered . You should set up an appointment to see your attorney. Together you can explore options for dealing with your income loss. If 10 months has already gone by without work, you should certainly discuss social security disability. Don't allow things to drag on without being proactive yourself. Sometimes your attorney just needs a reminder that your situation is ongoing and that you need and want some attention.

8. Jeffrey Mark Adams

7

Answered . 10 months, particularly a case of this magnitude is not a long time. S Hesiod a meeting with your lawyer. Good luck.

9. J. Scott Dilbeck

Pro

3

Answered . There are lots of reasons why a case can drag on. Unfortunately the legal process often takes longer than most people are prepared for. So a visit with your attorney is in order. But legal hurdles are no excuse for no communication. If you are unhappy even after speaking with your attorney or continue to receive poor communication, consider interviewing new attorneys and hiring someone else. It will not increase your legal costs. If you are going to change attorneys, do it sooner than later. Feel free to call my office if you would like to discuss this in detail. Good luck.