It is possible to seal or expunge a first-time DUI arrest record if the charge was dropped?

I pled "Nolo Contendre", and the charged was dropped after I accepted a "Reckless Driving" charge and conviction in its place.

Tampa, FL -

William David Umansky

William David Umansky

DUI / DWI Attorney - Orlando, FL

You can not seal or expunge your reckless driving charge if you were convicted or adjudicated guilty. check your paperwork carefully!

Sponsored Listing
Ernest L. Chang

Ernest L. Chang

DUI / DWI Attorney - Melbourne, FL

It sounds like although the DUI charges were dropped or reduced, that you pled guilty of the Reckless driving charge. If so, whether your case is eligible to be sealed or not would depend on the exact charge you pled to and the disposition. If you were adjudicated guilty of the reckless driving, then you would NOT be able to seal this case. If you received a "withhold" on the reckless, then you may be eligible to have that case sealed. Consult with a lawyer to evaluate your case and make a determination if your case is eligible to be sealed.

Aaron James Irving

Aaron James Irving

Criminal Defense Attorney - Jacksonville, FL

Cannot seal/expunge anything that resulted in a "guilty" disposition.

www.integritylawjax.com

Andrew Vincent Coviello Jr.

Andrew Vincent Coviello Jr.

Criminal Defense Attorney - Land O Lakes, FL

Review your disposition paperwork (typically the carbon-copy handed to you after your plea). If you received a Withhold of Adjudication, you may be able to seal and expunge the charge . If however, you received an Adjudication of Guilt, you will not be able to seal and expunge the charge.