It has been a year since i applied for DACA..

Berkeley, CA |
Filed under: Deferred action

It has been a year since i applied for DACA.. and it is still in INITIAL REVIEW.Is it possible to take this long? i called them already and they just said just wait.. i haven't committed any crime. i have SSN already (i got it when i had valid visa) but i can't do anything with that since i don't have legal documents anymore . I doubt that but maybe that is causing a problem?

Make an infopass. Do not listen to those who say it would not work for DACA. It does.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

A year is too long, inquire with USCIS again or enlist the assistance of an attorney to help and explain other options.

Kindly note that this posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Remember, this site is akin to an internet blog. Do not rely on information here to make important decisions in your life. Make an appointment to meet with a licensed attorney in his or her office (or via Skype or phone) to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

I agree that a year is outside processing times. I recommend discussing you case with an attorney. You may want to request congressional assistance as well.

Please note that this response for informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

A year is long but not highly unusual. Make an infopass appointment, or get an attorney to look into the matter or your behalf.

This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.

A year is on the long end however, I would say that DACA applications are taking much longer these days then when they first began the program. Infopass is always a good idea when applications are stuck. Also make sure that you check the online status of your case on USCIS.gov under the check my case status with your DACA receipt number.

Recommended articles about Immigration