Skip to main content

Issues an Improper Backing ticket when I was hit from behind.

Miami, FL |

I was turning into my girlfriend's drive way very slow because it is very narrow and there was also a car parked in front. I have an Avalanche so I have no choice but to turn in slowly and I was moving forward a car hit me from behind. I called the police on the spot and he was very hostile and angry for me doing so. When they arrived he said that I backed up into him and I got issued the citiation for improper backing. One of the officers said my story did not match up with the damage but I refuse to admit to guilt. I want to fight it and the insurance is investigating liability, but my main concert is going to court. Should I go myself and say my story or go to a ticket clinic? Help please? I have no prior accidents other than getting rear ended again in Orlando.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. I understand your frustration. I would get a lawyer to help you with the trafficked hearing. There are other issues which will arise: property damage and personal injury based upon liability. Call if you want help. 561-584-3514. Dave Roy.

  2. The traffic court outcome may be used as a springboard for the insurance company to try to establish liability (right or wrong). Call an attorney in your area.

    I am an Arizona attorney. AVVO does not pay us for our responses. Simply because I responded to your question does not mean I am your attorney. In Arizona a non-lawyer is held to the same standards as an attorney so there are dangers to representing yourself. This is for informational purposes only and should not be considered as legal advice. If you require legal assistance an in depth discussion of your case is needed as there are many other issues to consider such as defenses, statute of limitations, etc.

  3. Although you always have the right to represent yourself in court, you say that your "main concern is going to court". Therefore, you should really hire a lawyer to help you.

    The above is not legal advice. That can only come from a qualified attorney who is familiar with all the facts and circumstances of a particular, specific case and the relevant law.

  4. Please accept my kindest regards for your situation. I suggest you consult with an attorney. An attorney can insure your case is presented properly and with the most efficiency.


Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics