Issued traffic ticket in NY, license from IL. Initial missing. Is this important?

I was stopped and received 3 violations. After looking at the tickets when I got home, I realized that the officer left off the M in my license number (in IL there is an eleven digit number preceeded by your last name initial. In NY there is a nine digit number only) If the initial is left off the license number, is the ticket still valid? Or is the ticket null because of incorrect information?

Staten Island, NY -

Matthew Jay Weiss

Matthew Jay Weiss

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer - New York, NY

The ticket is still valid. This minor error is not enough to get the case dismissed. Thee are many ways, however, to obtain a favorable result.

Feel free to call me for a free consultation. Depending on what the three violations are for, you may not need a lawyer. We'll be glad to review the tickets and help you proceed.

Matthew Weiss
212-683-7373
www.nytrafficticket.com

Terri Beth Kalker

Terri Beth Kalker

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer - Flushing, NY

It is interesting that you as this question today. Last night I dealt with this very issue in a legal guide I published on this site.
The short answer is, unfortunately, the mistake is not enough to vitiate the summons.

See the guide for further clarification or call my office for a free consultation.

Law Office of Terri B Kalker
718-275-0780