Issued traffic ticket in NY, license from IL. Initial missing. Is this important?

Staten Island, NY |

I was stopped and received 3 violations. After looking at the tickets when I got home, I realized that the officer left off the M in my license number (in IL there is an eleven digit number preceeded by your last name initial. In NY there is a nine digit number only) If the initial is left off the license number, is the ticket still valid? Or is the ticket null because of incorrect information?

1. The ticket is still valid. This minor error is not enough to get the case dismissed. Thee are many ways, however, to obtain a favorable result.

Feel free to call me for a free consultation. Depending on what the three violations are for, you may not need a lawyer. We'll be glad to review the tickets and help you proceed.

Matthew Weiss
    212-683-7373
    www.nytrafficticket.com

2. It is interesting that you as this question today. Last night I dealt with this very issue in a legal guide I published on this site.
    The short answer is, unfortunately, the mistake is not enough to vitiate the summons.

See the guide for further clarification or call my office for a free consultation.

Law Office of Terri B Kalker
    718-275-0780