Skip to main content

Issued a warrant for a Minor in Possession. What are my options? Will paying the fine in full completely drop the charges? Help!

Chicago, IL |

- First Offense (Diversion)

- Missed court date.

- Will my probabtion sentence extend, or will I just have the fine?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Your question is confusing. Please rephrase. Paying fines does not drop charges.


If you missed your court date, a bench warrant has almost certainly been issued for your arrest. Tomorrow, call a lawyer and schedule a consultation.


You must find and commit to a good criminal defense counsel to complete your criminal case to a reasonably balanced outcome as the case got complicated with a possible Bench Warrant for a failure to appear.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602


Based on the terminology you are using, it sounds like you are referring to a matter in the Juvenile Court. If so, you need to consult a criminal defense attorney who is familiar with the process in Juvenile Court to get this straightened out.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer