Skip to main content

Is written email fr a board member acknowledging retaliation based on whistleblower&harassment based on sex sufficient for claim

Anaheim, CA |

My Supervisor and staff got together and filed claim of insubordination and harassment against me. The supervisor in response to me complaining and whistle blowing about lack of proper documentation on questionable $1.5 million construction project got together with my staff whom I had meetings of poor performance for 2 years to file complaint of harassment. They both have an interest to fire me. My staff in exchange for filing this claim would get additional out of class pay when I'm on leave and chance for promotion into my position once I am terminated. I complain verbally to the highest level on my concerns and mistreatment. My supervisor has made my life miserable at work. However, no action is taken to protect me. What evidence would I need to have to prove this?

Two current active case involving women complaints against male administrator for harassment is still working. While I, a woman, was placed on leave of absence pending investigation of possible misconduct on my part. The male executive HR has nothing on me and was conducting the investigation while he placed me on leave. I know the other cases are far more serious than claims from my male staff that I 1. yell and scream 2. make him do meaningless work 3. no annual evaluations given provided to him. And from my male supervisor that I am insubordinate. I was never was given specific items of act of insubordination from the HR, just general accusations. I am now on leave of absence for a week now. They asked me back to meet on Tuesday first thing in the morning. Trying to get representation with me on that day.

Attorney Answers 6

  1. Sounds like a very serious matter. I would immediately discuss this with a lawyer experienced in this area of the law. In California, there are many laws that protect employees from this exact type of behavior. There is no room for harassment in the workplace. Very strict and enforceable laws when it comes to whistle blower claims.

    None of the information found in my answer should be used as legal advice, a substitute for an attorneys evaluation or other type of advice. I do not know all the facts of your case and there are many factors involved when evaluating accident cases. You should meet with an attorney who can properly go over all the details of your accident.

  2. Consult with an employment attorney. Documentation supporting your claims help but whether you have actionable claims will depend on the facts.

  3. Make sure you maintain under your control contemporaneous notes. What you have written is just conclusions. You need chrono and specific acts. Listen to counsel and get to a good employment/human rights lawyer soonest.

  4. Your headline and you question do not match in a very significant way. If the retaliation you face if because you reported some internal financial issues, such conduct is generally not protected conduct and is instead lawful. If the retaliation you face is because you reported sexual harassment in the workplace, then that is unlawful.

    There is obviously more here than you can post on a public internet site. You would be well served to locate and consult with an experienced employment law attorney as soon as possible to explore your facts and determine your options. I would suggest you look either on this site in the Find a Lawyer section, or go to, the home page for the California Employment Lawyers Association, an organization whose members are dedicated to the representation of employees against their employers.

    Most employment attorneys who practice this area of law work on a contingency basis, meaning you can hire an attorney without paying any money until the matter results in a positive outcome for you. Many advance all the costs of the litigation as well. Do not let fear of fees and costs keep you from finding a good attorney.

    Good luck to you.

    This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.

  5. The post is convoluted, but if you were the victim of incidents of sexual harassment, retain a local sexual harassment lawyer to investigate.

  6. Generally, Whistleblower claims are very specific to the government agency, or company doing business with
    the government agency, or company receiving government funds, or individual entities receiving or causing the loss or waste of taxpayer funds. Sexual harassment claims . Based upon are just that.
    Based upon your statements, I do not see either here. Get a lawyer ---quickly.

Business topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics