Is vehicular homicide, if convicted, a violent crime or a non-violent crime?

Asked 10 months ago - Rome, GA

My boyfriend is getting charged with vehicular homicide. His alcohol lever was .10..Just wanted to know if he was convicted would it be a violent or a non violent crime.

1. John Arnold Steakley

4

Answered . That's all you're worried about? He's facing prison. Hire him an attorney ASAP.

2. Jesse Cole Kent

Pro

4

Answered . People too often fail to recognize the sheer gravity of cases like this. I'm astounded that your only concern seems to be violent versus non violent crime status. Are you kidding me? He's potentially going to prison for half of his life! You should be in the process of selling everything to finance his defense. His alcohol content will SIGNIFICANTLY impact his sentence. I don't care what you think the facts are; I don't care that you think you can win or that you think they'll be nice since its his first offense. He is in SERIOUS trouble here. Hire. A. Lawyer.

3. Michael David Barber Jr.

3

Answered . You should have your boyfriend consult with an attorney and refrain from posting anything further on a public forum.

4. Noah Howard Pines

Pro

2

Answered . It is a level 8 offense for parole consideration.

5. Robert Wesley Starrett

1

Answered . Because he was also under the influence, this is a first degree felony charge and he is facing between 3 and 15 years in prison, or possibly more if he was classified as a habitual violator. As a former prosecutor, I have routinely seen sentences of 15 years for these offenses. Your boyfriend should hire an attorney immediately.