Is vehicular homicide, if convicted, a violent crime or a non-violent crime?

Rome, GA |

My boyfriend is getting charged with vehicular homicide. His alcohol lever was .10..Just wanted to know if he was convicted would it be a violent or a non violent crime.

1. That's all you're worried about? He's facing prison. Hire him an attorney ASAP.

2. It is a level 8 offense for parole consideration.

3. You should have your boyfriend consult with an attorney and refrain from posting anything further on a public forum.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. At this time, I am not accepting professional responsibility on this matter. No attorney/client relationship is created unless and until I receive a signed retainer agreement along with the requested retainer fee. If this matter is truly important to you, hire an attorney. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Without reviewing the appropriate paperwork It is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Note that I am only licensed in Georgia and thus cannot practice in other states. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. Circular 230 Disclosure: Pursuant to recently-enacted U.S. Treasury Department Regulations, we are now required to advise you that, unless otherwise expressly indicated, any federal tax advice contained in this communication, including attachments and enclosures, is not intended or written to be used, and may not be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any tax-related matters addressed herein.

4. People too often fail to recognize the sheer gravity of cases like this. I'm astounded that your only concern seems to be violent versus non violent crime status. Are you kidding me? He's potentially going to prison for half of his life! You should be in the process of selling everything to finance his defense. His alcohol content will SIGNIFICANTLY impact his sentence. I don't care what you think the facts are; I don't care that you think you can win or that you think they'll be nice since its his first offense. He is in SERIOUS trouble here. Hire. A. Lawyer.

5. Because he was also under the influence, this is a first degree felony charge and he is facing between 3 and 15 years in prison, or possibly more if he was classified as a habitual violator. As a former prosecutor, I have routinely seen sentences of 15 years for these offenses. Your boyfriend should hire an attorney immediately.