Is vawa something that you need to re-apply for once it is approved?

Asked about 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

I have a vawa apllication that was approved just this month. I understand that after it is approved i will apply for a work permit. And that will have to be renewed yearly. What is the basis of them approving the yearly work permit application? Do they base it off vawa year after year? Is it possible to be denied at some point? Is it possible that they could cancel a vawa approval in the future after it was approved?
Thanks for all your help!

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

15

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

8

Answered . What made you to figure that?

3. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Pro

4

Answered . If you filed an I-360 Self-Petition under VAWA and the abusing spouse was a US Citizen, you would file for adjustment of status to green card once the I-360 is approved. This does not require a new filing every year. If USCIS makes a "prima facie" determination that your petition is approvable, you must extend that within the time frame given on the PF notification.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . Please tell us that you had a lawyer help with your application and that you will talk to that attorney first-thing tomorrow.

If you didn't have one before ... it is not too late: www.justice.gov/eoir/probono/states.htm or http://www.immigrationlawhelp.org/