Skip to main content

Is USCIS premium processing available for change of status H4 - > H-1B1 visas?

Hillsboro, OR |

Is USCIS premium processing available for change of status from H4 - > H-1B1 visas?


+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Yes, but for an H-1B1, the fastest would be to apply directly at the US Embassy in Singapore/Chile.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.



Thanks Ferrari . BUT she is in US already on dependent H4 VISA and hence wondering about Premium processing for her Change of status to h1b1 so she can start her employment quickly as soon as her H1B1 gets approved.


While premium process is available for h1b it is not available for h1b1

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer