Is traffic school necessary to keep my insurance from going up?

I got a red light ticket and I do not mind paying the ticket and I am eligible for traffic school. Do I have to go to traffic school so that this ticket won't go to my insurance record??

1. It is a good idea to keep the point off your record. There are so many online traffic schools that make it easy to do. I would first set it for trial, and ask that the charge be amended to a non-point violation. Good luck!

2. You do not have to do traffic school. Some of my clients choose not to do traffic school. It will probably save you some money in keeping your insurance rates from increasing but the choice is yours to make.

3. People take traffic school to keep the point for the red light violation off their record so their insurance rates do not increase. I would suggest calling your insurance and asking how much your insurance rates will increase if you get that point.

4. The answer to your question is YES! You need to take traffic school to keep point off record.