Is this worth fighting for? I'm being wrongfully evicted over dv?

Aliquippa, PA |

Me and my 3kids live in a subsidized section 8 apartment. My sons father was added to my lease 5months ago,and we recently had a violent incident at our house. (he hit me,pushed me down the stairs,barricaded himself and our son in a bedroom,and assaulted 3 officers) Because of this,and a few other times he's called the police for stupid things,and disturbing the neighbors,me and my kids have 30 days to leave. My apt manager said "U didn't tell me about his abuse early enough" (btw,I told her last month to see if we could remove him from the lease,and she said no) What can I do? Were already going through hell,and now we have to suffer even more because of him? I also have a PFA in place. I'm currently unemployed,with no other place to go. Any help is appreciated.

I believe the Violence against Women Act prevents these types of evictions. I would contact your local legal aid office, as they handle eviction appeals. By the way, is your landlord only trying to evict you, or is section 8 trying to get rid of your voucher?

I don't remember ever getting a voucher,I just know that our apartments are section 8 based. And HUD. It was the apartment manager saying I have to leave. Also,on my eviction notice,it stated three reasons for the eviction. 1. Non-payment of rent (which I was stuck with,but paid) 2. Non-payment of damage charges (which I also recently paid) and 3. Several reports on file for domestic disputes. (I've sent her a copy of my final pfa order) She has also said I've never caused problems in my ten years living here, until my sons father started coming around. But told me she would ask her general manager, but if he left it up to her, she would "have us evicted". I went to legal aid,and they never mentioned the VAWA,they just advised me to pay the charges for damages,pay rent and give her a copy of my pfa. And if it goes to court,I would have a chance to defend myself. Should I stay doing what I am doing,or push the whole VAWA in court?

Sorry,I don't know how I posted a comment 5times..

Landlord-tenant topics