Is this welfare fraud?

Racine, WI |

Is it considered welfare fraud if I had a boyfriend live with me for 3 and a half months, and he had a job. We had no children together. I had a daughter from a previous relationship. In wisconsin and I didn't report him as living with me. Someone said it may not have made a difference unless him and I had a child together because him simply living with me would not have affected my benefits.

I received no benefits for him ,

1. I think the state could readily charge you with welfare fraud for mis-reporting the number of people and the total household income or expenses. Make no further confessions on this public forum. You can hope it will not be noticed or you can see a local attorney and see if there is something you might want to square up with the state.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

2. yes it is. stop talking

In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship. You should seek counsel in your geographic area regarding any specific questions.