Is this third party contact ?

Asked 9 months ago - Jacksonville, FL

I said a few comments to her New boyfriend, and didn't threaten anyone or ask to relay messages or anything like that . Now my lawyer got a call saying we have another hearing to insure i understand what third party contact is or something like that . Im confused. Please help

1. Tami Lane Augen

Pro

5

Best Answer

Answered . What you describe would not be third party contact if you did not ask to relay a message; however, if it is the new boyfriend of the person who has an injunction against you, I would think that the best course of action would be to not say anything to him at all. I would encourage you to discuss it with your attorney. Best of luck.

2. Arica Lynn Braaten

Pro

5

Answered . First and foremost, listen to your lawyer. It doesn't sound like you are violating the injunction, but without knowing the facts of the case and your judge it's difficult to guess what the hearing will be entail.

3. Carin Manders Constantine

4

Answered . Your lawyer can probably get this dismissed, but please take Ms. Augen's advice. Stay far, far away from anyone associated with the girl. It simply is not worth it. Good luck.

4. William Charles Rosenfelt

4

Answered . I agree with Ms. Constantine and Ms.Augen: Don't talk to anyone that has anything to do with her. You will end up back in front of a judge and sooner or later you'll get thrown in jail; even if you didn't "do" anything. Quite tempting fate. Good luck.