Is this the best way for my wife to go to the U.S.? Will she be eligible for the k-3 visa?

My wife and I got married when were 16 she was ilegal in the U.S. we couldnt find jobs so me my wife and my american daughter came to Brazil. I just got a offer to work in the U.S. and we have been advised to not apply for a turist visa for her, to not apply the k-3 visa, but for me to go to the U.S. without my family apply for the I-130 and for her to get the k-3 visa in the middle of the process so we dont have to spend so much time apart, is this possible? can i start the forms and send from Brazil after the forms are sent I go to the US within a month and once the process starts my wife applies for the k-3 visa and comes to the US and finish her immigration process. Did I understand this correctly? can I go/ do I have to go right after i sent the forms? how long will we be apart?

Las Vegas, NV -

Wendy Renee Whitt

Wendy Renee Whitt

Immigration Attorney - Plano, TX

Do yourself and your family a favor and hire an immigration attorney to assist you with this process. Your situation is far more complex and difficult than you have been led to believe. If you cannot afford an attorney, you will need to get a co-sponsor to help.

Justin G. Randolph

Justin G. Randolph

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

Hi, you should contact an attorney before you do anything. This is a complex issue and what can happens hinges on certain factors (like your wife's age when you left the US) that you haven't provided here. You definitely do not want to deal with this without a lawyer.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

I agree with my colleague, and note that your posting does not contain the necessary information to answer your question.

Deborah Lynne Karapetian

Deborah Lynne Karapetian

Immigration Attorney - Glendale, CA

The problem with specific questions like yours is that we don't have enough info to properly answer your question on this forum. I would be happy to analyze the case for you by phone if you want o give me a call. Just click my picture and my information will pop up!

Deborah Lynne Karapetian

Deborah Lynne Karapetian

Immigration Attorney - Glendale, CA

Rebecca T White

Rebecca T White

Immigration Attorney - Seattle, WA

Most likely you will want to file the I-130 now, and then make further plans in terms of returning to the US and relocation. But, as noted, the full details of your situation are going to be very important and can't truly be addressed in this forum. A consultation will go a long way towards setting the two of you on the right path.

Most immigration attorneys will either Skype or do phone consultations.