Is this right?

Worcester, MA |
Filed under: Police misconduct

can a male cop arrest a female suspect if a female officer is present at the scene

1. Sure. There are extremely highly qualified officers of both genders.

2. Yes. It is perfectly legal. Where gender comes into play is the search.

No attorney/client relationship is established or implied by any information supplied here.

3. Yes. Generally speaking there are no restrictions on gender with respect to arrests.

Do you want accurate, personalized, legal advice that you can rely on? You will have to hire an attorney, not ask on Avvo. I am not your attorney and am not creating an attorney-client relationship by this post. I am therefore giving only general advice. This advice may not apply to you or your situation; may not take account of all possibilities, and may not match the advice I would give to a client. DO NOT rely on this advice or any other advice on Avvo to make your legal decisions. If you want an answer to a legal question you should retain an attorney who is licensed in your state.

Police misconduct topics