Is this really legal for them to do ? I consider it false advertisement personally!

Asked 12 months ago - Cicero, NY

I spend a great deal of time on Facebook because I run a Jewelry business page. I have been noticing lately that the sponsored advertisements are bold face lies. I have been taking screen shots daily as they happen. For instance, My husband and sister have Facebook accounts and while i'm on my own account scrolling my newsfeed I will see "sponsored Ads" Claiming my husband and sister have liked certain pages or advertisements . One of them is Duracell. I showed it to my husband and he had no idea why it was showing his name AND Image as claiming he likes the "Duracell" page. Isn't this type of behavior false advertisements as these people have never liked those pages or ads to begin with ? Can they really use your name and picture for things you have NO affiliation with ? It seems illegal!

1. Peter Christopher Lomtevas

Pro

1

Answered . Facebook has become a menace since going public. They had to settle with the FTC for tracking violations. They suspend accounts: they suggest friends but then block you because you are friending people. They vary their privacy rules for us to feel secure but then we hear they share our information with the government.

It appears to be big money greed at work. I for one do not believe you will ever win against them. It's the little guy against Enron. The lawyers are paid millions so the giant can do anything it wants.

Stop using it.

2. Michael Charles Doland

2

1

Answered . You should contact Facebook for a violation of the Facebook Terms of Use if unauthorized endorsements appear.