Is this malpractice, practicing Medicine at a Pharmacy, My Civil Rights Violated, Criminal, NO ONE seems to know? HELP!

Asked over 1 year ago - Savannah, GA

Rx related/M.D. wrote 90 day script for CII Rx/ notified Pharmacy of special qty needed 1 week was advised message for Rx would be delivered/ confirmed message was delivered to Contact for Rx orders/Arrived on date told Rx would be available/Pharmacist refused to fill/ He acknowledged the orders' request/Stated he would not issue in that dosage, and preceded to state what dosage would be appropriate/The Pharmacist is not know to/by me/Rx was Legal and Proper written on required script pad/have been using Rx for long term/Rx warns DO NOT suddenly stop taking Rx/Sudden Death may result/Cannot find attorney with resources to file suit/ personal resources limited/disabled/too young to die/spoke to drug manufacturer/Counsel called back said there was nothing the Rx manufacturer could do

1. Scott Benjamin Riddle

Pro

5

Answered . Your post is almost unreadable, but it looks like you went to a pharmacy and they did not want to fill the prescription for some reason. The way to handle that is to either go to another pharmacy, or contact your doctor to discuss a resolution. The reason you can't find a lawyer is because your post indicates you probably have no case. You only mention one pharmacist - what happened when you contacted your doctor or went to another one?

2. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

3

Answered . The reason you cannot find a lawyer is because nothing in your post constitutes a legal claim. Pharmacists are NOT required to fill prescriptions, and your remedy was very simple, and that was to call other pharmacies. You're in Savannah and there are 100's. In the time you wasted calling lawyers and the drug company you could have easily located a pharmacy that wants your business so any harm in the delay is actually caused on your end.

Pro

4

Answered . / / / / / Try another pharmacy / / / /

4. Ryan Alexander

Pro

3

Answered . Does this involve painkillers or psychotropic medications?

Clark County, Nevada practitioner.
  5. David Thomas Dorer

Answered . Your civil rights have not been violated. No one has a right to get their prescriptions filled. There is no malpractice because there is no practice, the pharmacist refused to treat. There is no criminal misconduct because it is not against the law in Georgia to refuse care. Talk to your doctor or find another pharmacist.