Is this libel per se? Can the state be sued for libel?

Shelby, NC |

I moved to NC from MI in 2012. I was contacted by the sheriff and told I must register as a sex offender or be arrested. I did register and I immediately filed a petition to be removed. The superior court judge agreed stating "I should've never been on the registry". The state appealed the decision which was also dismissed. All this time I remained on the sex registry for nothing, I've had to move three times, changing my sons (whom I have sole custody) school three times, I've been harassed, stalked, house burned and most tragically my english bulldog "Cocoa" was killed in this house fire!!! All this and I haven't even a parking ticket in NC.

No, but I am glad that you have this resolved, and you can put it behind you.

2. No, but you should file criminal charges and a civil suit against the person that burned down your house.

This is general advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.