Is this libel per se? Can the state be sued for libel?

Shelby, NC |

I moved to NC from MI in 2012. I was contacted by the sheriff and told I must register as a sex offender or be arrested. I did register and I immediately filed a petition to be removed. The superior court judge agreed stating "I should've never been on the registry". The state appealed the decision which was also dismissed. All this time I remained on the sex registry for nothing, I've had to move three times, changing my sons (whom I have sole custody) school three times, I've been harassed, stalked, house burned and most tragically my english bulldog "Cocoa" was killed in this house fire!!! All this and I haven't even a parking ticket in NC.

No, but I am glad that you have this resolved, and you can put it behind you.

Is there some form of restitution for legal fees. Also all these websites still have my photo up and demanding fees to remove them.

No, but you should file criminal charges and a civil suit against the person that burned down your house.

This is general advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Personal injury