Is this legal?

Duncan, OK |

in Feb of last year i entered into a written contract with bill Burch to purchase the home in which i currently live by way of owner financing . the contract states the i am buying the home for 49000 w / interest for a total payout of 54000 . my payments are 450 a month for ten years and i have not defaulted or been late and have paid faithfully for a year . well he died and his son ( Michael Burch ) took over and is trying to sell the house out from under me . is this legal .

1. Look first to the agreement of sale--does it say the agreement is binding on "heirs, executors and assigns"? If so, the estate might be forced to stick to the deal with you. Recommend you contact a property attorney in your state immediately and discuss your options.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

Business topics