Is this fogery?? Can I go to jail??

Asked almost 2 years ago - Huntsville, AL

I was in a relationship with a person for 8 years during that time while my partner was out of town on business she would have me to sign her checks for household needs. After I left the relationship she filed forgery charges against me for signing the checks. My name was never on her account because she had financial issues which could have been transferred to me if we were involved financially. I have witnesses that heard her direct me to sign the checks

1. Randy William Ferguson

1

Answered . I would hire an attorney. If they told you to sign the checks and you have witnesses, you should be okay. I would expect they will say they did not approve a certain check which you signed. Call me in Huntsville if you need help. 256-534-3435

2. Frank Mascagni III

Answered . You need to consult with a criminal defense attorney in your area ASAP for advice and direction. If you had her permission then you had no intent to deceive/commit a crime. But she can say you did not and signed without her knowledge, consent nor authority. You can dispute this with third party fact witnesses. Forgery is a crime in all states. Get legal counsel NOW!