Skip to main content

Is this enough to dismiss a speeding ticket?

Jacksonville, FL |

I recently got a ticket for going 50 in a 30. The cop then "gave me a break and cited me for the statute of 1-9 over". However between where i started on the road to where i was pulled over there is no 30 mph zone only 35/45/55 between start and ticketed area. From the angle of the road there is zero way he got his radar on me in the 35 and was certainly in the 45 mph zone which means his ticket incorrectly listed my location by well over half a mile or more. In addition he failed to cite on the ticket my speed i was going, what the speed limit was, how he detected me, or signed the ticket in addition to the incorrect location. I did find a FL statute saying 1-5 over is merely a warning, so that should of been the worst I got right?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Hire an attorney to take care of this. He/she will make quick work of it unless you have a checkered past.

NOTE: The use of the Internet for communications with the firm or this attorney will not establish an attorney-client relationship and messages containing confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent.


My advice is to hire an attorney that handles speeding ticket from the jurisdiction where the ticket is from and he/she will handle it. I do these type of ticket here in WA state Central WA and on New Year's Day I got a speeding ticket in another county. I contacted an attorney from that area and he just handled it. I didn't have to appear and it was done. This is what I suggest to you.


I agree with my colleagues. I would consult with an attorney from the Jacksonville area who can review the citation and help make a determination as to whether the ticket may be subject to dismissal. You should also be aware that the officer cut you a break by reducing the speed, and that he is free to amend the citation back up to the true speed at any time.


Call a local traffic ticket attorney who is familiar with the Judges / Magistrates in that area - the officer cut you a break for some reason, but you should be aware that the officer has the ability to amend (correct) any errors on the ticket or enhance it to the original offense anytime prior to the hearing (with the approval of the Judge / Magistrate). answers provided solely for informational purposes. Answers are not legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. If you are seeking legal advice, contact a competent attorney in your local jurisdiction. Learn more about my practice at


I invite you to call my office to discuss. I can explain your options.

The above is provided for educational purposes only and is not legal advice nor makes you a client of the Mosca Law Firm, PA. Please consult with a lawyer in order to obtain confidential legal advice that is tailored to your specific situation and facts.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer