Is this defamation of character or sexual harassment?

Atlanta, GA |

I have been accused of having sexual conversations at work in reference to my sexual preference.I have NEVER done anything like this. I am a lesbian and I don't even feel comfortable going to work. I feel as if Im being attacked and targeted. I don't know what to do.

1. There is no way to know, as you left out most of the story. What is a "sexual conversation?" Accused by who? What was the result? Was something done by management? Was it one incident? How are you being "attacked" or "targeted?" There is no general law against someone saying something rude or offensive, even at work. A defamation claim would take much more than someone saying you talked about something.

2. More detailed information needed. I do not understand what you mean when you ask if this is defamation. Who is defaming who? I think that you mean that you are being falsely accused of discussing your sexual orientation. If this is what is going on, you need to locate and meet with an attorney who specializes in employment discrimination and sexual harassment. The Avvo website is a great place to start your search. You need to "lawyer up" now before this unravels any further. Good luck, my friend.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/

3. More information is needed to evaluate. Best to call a local sexual harassment lawyer to discuss in detail.