Is this defamation of character or sexual harassment?

Asked over 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

I have been accused of having sexual conversations at work in reference to my sexual preference.I have NEVER done anything like this. I am a lesbian and I don't even feel comfortable going to work. I feel as if Im being attacked and targeted. I don't know what to do.

1. Scott Benjamin Riddle

Pro

5

Answered . There is no way to know, as you left out most of the story. What is a "sexual conversation?" Accused by who? What was the result? Was something done by management? Was it one incident? How are you being "attacked" or "targeted?" There is no general law against someone saying something rude or offensive, even at work. A defamation claim would take much more than someone saying you talked about something.

2. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

2

Answered . More detailed information needed. I do not understand what you mean when you ask if this is defamation. Who is defaming who? I think that you mean that you are being falsely accused of discussing your sexual orientation. If this is what is going on, you need to locate and meet with an attorney who specializes in employment discrimination and sexual harassment. The Avvo website is a great place to start your search. You need to "lawyer up" now before this unravels any further. Good luck, my friend.

Pro

2

Answered . More information is needed to evaluate. Best to call a local sexual harassment lawyer to discuss in detail.