Is this considered slander and should I seek an attorney?

Asked 11 months ago - Springdale, AR

I worked for my prev. employer for 8 years and even made employee of the year in 2012. When I relocated for school I had to pursue a different job. My prospective employer contacted me and told me that i could not have the job because of bad reference from prev. employer. They told her that I steal company time for home activities, always late and always leave early. These are not true statements. I also made a major complaint on the store manager 2 months before I gave my resignation. I fullfilled my full 2 week notice.They have made me a non rehire without an explanation. My evaluations have always been in good standing. There is currently an investigation into the claims being made by the human resources at the General Office.

Pro

2

Answered . Get a different reference

2. Christine C McCall

Pro

1

Answered . Your former employer has a different opinion of you and your work than you have. That is not a sound basis for a legal claim by you. Nothing that you have summarized here suggests any unlawful statements by your former employer. Quit citing this employment as a reference.