Is this a legal matter to get a lawyer involved.

Asked over 1 year ago - Trinidad, CO

I was working for a restaurant and upon my dissmissal there was 700+ dollars missing from the safe. I recieved my last check yesterday and I was charged for the whole amount without solid eveidence that i took all the money. How do I go about getting the monies entitled to me and what should i do about this matter.

1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

4

Answered . It is a legal matter and you may have the authorities after you. Your employer had no right to do this. Contact the Colorado Department of Labor.

God luck.

2. Michael R Crosner

1

Answered . Your employer is not permitted under the law to simply deduct the money from your salary - there is no judgement against & no garnishment of wage order.