Is this a legal matter to get a lawyer involved.

Asked over 1 year ago - Trinidad, CO

I was working for a restaurant and upon my dissmissal there was 700+ dollars missing from the safe. I recieved my last check yesterday and I was charged for the whole amount without solid eveidence that i took all the money. How do I go about getting the monies entitled to me and what should i do about this matter.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It is a legal matter and you may have the authorities after you. Your employer had no right to do this. Contact the Colorado Department of Labor.

    God luck.

    In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship.... more
  2. Michael R Crosner

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Your employer is not permitted under the law to simply deduct the money from your salary - there is no judgement against & no garnishment of wage order.

    This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney .... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,959 answers this week

2,772 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,959 answers this week

2,772 attorneys answering