Is this a I-551 stamp on my passport? A permanent Green Card which i can travel outside the USA and re enter too?

Teaneck, NJ |

i did the infopass appointment on Newark . on the stamp writes down; Upon endorsement,serve as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residency for one year...valid until june 26,2013... from USCIS....is that a green card stamp?

The I-551 stamp is a temporary indication that you have permanent residence. USCIS may have placed the stamp in your passport if you have been waiting for a permanent resident card to be issued. If you have any questions about the stamp or your immigration status, you should consult with an experienced immigration attorney.

The answer provided does not create an attorney-client relationship and is only based on the information submitted in the question. If other information were submitted, it could result in a different answer. Consult with an experienced immigration law attorney for legal advice.

thank u ,that means no problems to travel in my country?

Jonathan Scott Greene

Jonathan Scott Greene

That depends. You may have done something that may make you inadmissible, which could include criminal behavior, immigration violations, health-related issues, etc. Only an experienced immigration attorney with the benefit of a complete consultation can assess the risks of travel outside the United States.

Yes

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Yes, it is a temporary greencard .. until the plastic one arrives.

IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR for 10 years -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

thank u?