Is this a I-551 stamp on my passport? A permanent Green Card which i can travel outside the USA and re enter too?

Asked about 2 years ago - Teaneck, NJ

i did the infopass appointment on Newark . on the stamp writes down; Upon endorsement,serve as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residency for one year...valid until june 26,2013... from that a green card stamp?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Jonathan Scott Greene


    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The I-551 stamp is a temporary indication that you have permanent residence. USCIS may have placed the stamp in your passport if you have been waiting for a permanent resident card to be issued. If you have any questions about the stamp or your immigration status, you should consult with an experienced immigration attorney.

    The answer provided does not create an attorney-client relationship and is only based on the information submitted... more
  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Yes

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  3. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Yes, it is a temporary greencard .. until the plastic one arrives.

    IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR for 10 years -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,721 answers this week

3,100 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,721 answers this week

3,100 attorneys answering