Is this a I-551 stamp on my passport? A permanent Green Card which i can travel outside the USA and re enter too?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Teaneck, NJ

i did the infopass appointment on Newark . on the stamp writes down; Upon endorsement,serve as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residency for one year...valid until june 26,2013... from USCIS....is that a green card stamp?

1. Jonathan Scott Greene

Pro

2

Answered . The I-551 stamp is a temporary indication that you have permanent residence. USCIS may have placed the stamp in your passport if you have been waiting for a permanent resident card to be issued. If you have any questions about the stamp or your immigration status, you should consult with an experienced immigration attorney.

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Yes

3. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . Yes, it is a temporary greencard .. until the plastic one arrives.