Is this a good enough reason to get a continuance granted in a speeding ticket case? (its an infraction being heard by Barco)

Orlando, FL |

1. pipe burst in my house and caused 15,000 in damages and a toxic mold problem for which remediation had to commence. My house hold has been couch surfing at various freinds while I have been here trying to get our lives back in order.
2. I have not had time to prepare for the hearing myself or look for an attorney because of the emergency nature of the situation

Continuances are general a matter of court discretion, but if you haven't previously asked for a continuance that you should be able to get one in this case. Just contact the Court and ask how to request a continuance.

A speeding ticket is a civil infraction hearing. Each hearing officer will handle requests for continuances diffrently. I would suggest that you file your request- it will be up to the discretion of the hearing officer whether to grant the continuance or not.

Write Mr. Barco. He is a really nice, fair guy

hearing is tomorrow so its a bit late to write. I guess I can ask in person

Roger Scott Jr.

Roger Scott Jr.

If the officer is not there, don't continue! Btw- is this at the winter park courthouse?