Is this a form of Harrasment at a workplace... Many employees are feeling very uncomfortable at there place of work

Jersey City, NJ |

Before i take further action, i have a question about a company using security cameras to daily observe an office with employees doing there job and frequently refering to video as per analyzing or scrutinizing the work of employees in that office. I am continuing to feel that this form of monitoring and behavior is becoming a form of harrasment to the employees in this specific department. It is as if the other department whichs is the accounting department which makes no sense why they have access to camera video that was installed soley for security purposes to be using these cameras to spy and use these images to be able to have a form of control of this specific office/department.. Please can you make me understand if this is indeed something that is practiced or is this illegal.

1. It is legal unless the camera are also scanning areas where there is an expectation of privacy such as bathrooms. The employer has a right to observe the actions of employees in a specific department and not other department's based on the employer's judgment of what is necessary and worthwhile.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Civil rights topics