Is this a Fair Credit Reporting Act violation?

Asked about 2 years ago - Thousand Oaks, CA

TransUnion says they investigated a tradeline for me. However on the Date Verified, it shows from 2011 and hasn't changed. However they claimed to have investigated it 6 times in the last 6 months. Is this a violation? if the Date Verified never changes?

1. Amy Lavonne Wells

2

Answered . There are several excellent advocates in your state. I would suggest you gather your dispute letters to Trans Union, along with each of their responses and consult with one of them. Go to www.naca.net for a list of seasoned professionals in your area. Most advocates will provide an initial consultation without cost or obligation.

In short, if Trans Union has continued to report false and derogatory information after a valid dispute by you, you may be entitled to damages under the FCRA. Good luck to you!

2. Robert Edward Tardif Jr.

2

Answered . Sounds odd. Generally credit reports should reflect accurate information. Whether this rises to the level of a violation would be based upon reviewing your specific situation. The previous author gave you a great link and I would urge you to look into that.

3. Peter Walter Weston

Pro

2

Answered . If the report was verified at a date, and if that date is accurate, and there is no incorrect information reported, the report appears accurate, although possibly incomplete, in my opinion.

Reporting and complaints about reporting under the fair credit reporting laws, are geared more to removing inaccurate or untimely information, rather than loading up all available details and information.

You can attempt to add additional information, by objecting to the report as stated, and adding your own written explanation or statement, generally limited to 100 words or so.