Is this a conflict of interest or grounds for an appeal?

Rockford, IL |
Filed under: Professional ethics

i had a civil case in juvenile court for custody.there were 4 attorneys on the states side.i was found guilty of neglect.Before i was found guilty i filed a subornation of perjury complaint with the ARDC months before against one of the attorneys.She remained on my case after filed the complaint which i think created a bias because that particular attorneys works for DCFS.Before i filed the complaint the goal was to return home within 12 months after i filed that complaint returning home was no longer a goal.

Nothing you have mentioned sounds like either a conflict of interest or grounds for appeal.

The information you have provided does not appear to present conflict of interest.

Appellate issues are determined by a review of the entire record and applicable law. So again, based on the information provided, no.

Of course, every answer is based on the question asked and requires a more complete context. This answer should not be relied upon to make a legal decision. Seek the advice of an experienced criminal defense attorney before acting. Law Offices of Raymond G. Wigell, Ltd. Defenders of the Constitution since 1975/ Aggressive Creative Defense Strategies/ Website: 24/7 --(708) 481-4800.

I agree with my colleagues. While I have not researched this specific issue and, of course, have not reviewed the record of your case, my initial impression based on what you have told us is that you are not likely to succeed on this issue. The closest analogy that comes to mind is from those cases in which the defendant in a criminal case files an ARDC complaint against defense counsel. The courts seem to hold that filing such a complaint, standing alone, is not sufficient to create a conflict of interest or ineffective assistance of counsel. Not 100% on point, but close enough to start me off thinking that you may not be going anywhere with this.

Professional ethics topics

Recommended articles about Professional ethics