Is there time for me to get another attorney, after the attorney I had did get anything for my personal injury case at work.

Muskegon, MI |

Had an injury at work in March of 2010, case with attorney ended in spring of 2011, did get anything out of it and he was going for a number of things.

1. If your saying your attorney didn't get you a settlement and the case ended than the answer is likely no. Did the case go to trial? Did your claim get denied? Need more information.

2. Did he drop the case?

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

3. It is worth getting your paperwork together and reviewing the whole thing with someone who works exclusively at WOrkers comp and disability. Check with Davidson Breen & Doud in Grand Rapids, tell them I sent you over there, I used to work with them.

4. If you were injured at work and the employer owns the premise where the injury took place (sometimes you can sue for personal injury if the employer leases the property from someone else), then work compensaiton is your exclusive remedy under Michigan law. There is an exceptionally small exception to this rule which has not been sucessfully litigated in probably about 10 years,. That exception is if you can prove that the employer intentionally harmed you. If you have lost your work comp claim then it won't matter because the law would not permit you to sue again. You may still have time to appeal though. Along with the firm identified below, you could call Edgar and Chowing at (810) 695-2110. They may have a name of a firm closer to you that does work comp law.

Each employment situation has unique facts and circumstances. This means that information and advice cannot be taken literally and should be used as only informational. The information provided here is not legal advice and should not be interpreted as such.