Is there such a thing as parental kidnapping if so then why won't local authorities assist me in regaining custody when I have

Asked 10 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

also made a report to the national center of missing and exploited children. I have always been the primary care taker. spouse has been in hiding ever since they, (spouse and paramour) snatched one of our children

Additional information

It is serious...I did hire a local attorney, he acted like he cared but, did nothing either, other than using up my all my retainer.The system is great isn't it. even called the Bar on attorney, he promised them he would finish what he never started,instead he fires me. most other attorneys don't want to talk to me when i say the word kidnapping, and its true

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Anne Marie Healy

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . This is a serious issue. You really should consult with a local attorney. Most attorneys will provide a free consultation.

    I can be reached at 714-442-1522 if you have further questions. Before accepting any answer as a final answer,... more
  2. Debra Vaniman Crawford


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Call the District Attorney's office, the Child Abduction Unit. If you don't have any results, contact an attorney to make the call for you. There are parental kidnapping laws. Contact an experienced family law attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,308 answers this week

3,354 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,308 answers this week

3,354 attorneys answering