Skip to main content

Is there subornation of perjury in New Hampshire?

Salem, NH |

In a divorce proceeding, my wife, by and through her attorney, made false offers of proof as to what witnesses would say. Essentially, at a hearing one day, I had a friend that attended as a character witness for me. The court was short on time so the judge said that she would allow offers of proof as to what witnesses would say. My wife's lawyer offered that my witness would testify that I sold prescription drugs. This was of course a lie and, the attorney never even so much as talked to my witness! I reported her to the bar and she said she made the offer of proof based on what my wife said he would say. I have a sworn statement from him that says he never talked to the atty or my wife and that the allegations were untrue. So what charges can be brought against my wife criminally?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You should simply turn the affidavit over to your attorney (if you have one) to address through the family law case. I think you are unlikely to get a prosecutor to pursue criminal charges in this context. If you don't have an attorney, you should get one.

Disclaimer: This response is offered for educational purpose only. This response in no way creates an attorney-client relationship between Anna Goulet Zimmerman/Law Office of Manning & Zimmerman, PLLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided, and could be different if additional facts were known.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer