Is there something I'm supposed to do? I have been waiting more than 20 days to see whats going to happen

Asked about 2 years ago - Bullhead City, AZ

no news on whether I will be granted the default judgment or if the defendant gets a new chance to mediate out of court. does it take 20 days or am I supposed to officially document my stance that I don't want another mediation?

I really thought it was up to the judge to decide whether to do another mediation date. was I supposed to file an objection to setting another date? I don't care either way. I suppose my true question is: is it normal to wait 20 days for a court response, either to my default, or to his request for a new mediation date? I didn't think his excuse for no show was good enough. I think they just play it for more time.

1. Steven Roger Rensch

Pro

Answered . Your description does not tell me very much about your litigation, your mediation or your default papers. But waiting 20 days for a court ruling is not uncommon at all. On larger motions, it can be much longer.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now