Is there relief for recovered property in custody dispute?

Woodland Hills, CA |

daughter's father destroys every item our child takes with her on visits. He says his child support should cover the expense. This is not fair or cool. Our child , 1 yr old, doesn't want to take toys now. Is there a way to get him to replace items he has destroyed? One of items were a camera battery I use for work that was accidentally placed in diaper bag. Most of the items are items passed through family. cant find ANYWHERE. Last item, i didn't know she even took until they were out of the door and i noticed i didn't have it in my hand.
Would not this be a form of harassment as well? I have a tro that keeps getting extended every 21 days. Item situation got worse since TRO. Verbal abuse stopped though. Can I present item destruction as form of harassment when we go back?

1. No, just do not give her toys, he is childish. Let him supply toys for her.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none, but many will offer a free consultation and a face to face meeting generally will be better, I like my clients to write a short one page history of the fact and questions they have prior to meeting with them, so nothing is forgotten.

2. Unless these are some expensive toys, it is probably not worth it to take this matter to court. I agree with Mr. Cohen, just do not give her toys to take to the father. Sometimes a practical solution is just as good as a legal solution.

Child custody topics