Is there relief for recovered property in custody dispute?

Asked 4 months ago - Woodland Hills, CA

daughter's father destroys every item our child takes with her on visits. He says his child support should cover the expense. This is not fair or cool. Our child , 1 yr old, doesn't want to take toys now. Is there a way to get him to replace items he has destroyed? One of items were a camera battery I use for work that was accidentally placed in diaper bag. Most of the items are items passed through family. cant find ANYWHERE. Last item, i didn't know she even took until they were out of the door and i noticed i didn't have it in my hand.
Would not this be a form of harassment as well? I have a tro that keeps getting extended every 21 days. Item situation got worse since TRO. Verbal abuse stopped though. Can I present item destruction as form of harassment when we go back?

1. Stephen Ross Cohen

2

Answered . No, just do not give her toys, he is childish. Let him supply toys for her.

2. Jonathan A Durham

Pro

1

Answered . Unless these are some expensive toys, it is probably not worth it to take this matter to court. I agree with Mr. Cohen, just do not give her toys to take to the father. Sometimes a practical solution is just as good as a legal solution.