Is there New Rule that prohibits entering US if L1 visa expiry is less than 6 months ? Will I be detained at port of entry ?

Columbus, OH |

Here are my L1A details :
Visa Expiry : Jul 2013
I-94 Expiry :Sep 2013

I plan to travel next week(Feb 13th/14th) to India for personal emergency & be back in a week.
In that case, would I be able to enter US without any issues ?
Also what are my chances of getting I-94 extension of 2 years ?

You should be able to re-enter without problems if you continue to work for the company that petitioned you. Your employer must file an extension request prior to the expiration of your status. Chances for an approval depend on specific facts and cannot be addressed in this forum.

You should be permitted to travel as long as you are currently working for the L1 employer. You need a valid visa and a valid passport. If you are in United States you need to apply for extension of stay prior to expiration. If you travel after the visa has expired you will need to obtain a new visa to return to the United States.

I agree with Attorney Schmidt.

Recommended articles about Immigration