Is there maximum term for residential lease for single family home in Florida?

Palm Coast, FL |

Florida Bar rental lease sample form published online states that FOR A TERM NOT TO EXCEED ONE YEAR. Does this mean that according Florida law, maximum term for residential lease for Single family home in Florida is one year?

No it can be longer than one year.

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-354-5223. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

I agree with my colleague. It may be fore than one year.

No...I think that is just the form "talking." Leases can be 20 to 30 years or more.

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.

I have seen 99-year leases. They are usually commercial or recreational leases for homeowner/condo associations, but they are valid.

This communication is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship. It is always recommended you consult an attorney in person to discuss your case. The Law Offices of Stage & Associates practices state-wide and represents homeowners and community associations. Please visit our website at www.stagelaw.com.