Is there legal recourse for nuisance trees in the San Fernando Valley, California?

Asked about 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

Our neighbor's pine tree drops an enormous amount of pine needles in our front and backyard - the sap is damaging our roof the exterior paint on our vehicles and the swimming pool. They also have a large tree in their backyard where the branches now rub up against the outisde of our home. We have asked them if they could trim their trees and they say it is too expensive. Do we have any legal recourse? Thank you.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Bruce Geoffrey Landau

    Contributor Level 2

    Answered . Yes, you may have recourse and if the trees are overhanging onto your property you may be able to cut them back to the property line but this needs more information and more investigation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,927 answers this week

3,240 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,927 answers this week

3,240 attorneys answering