Is there legal help for the Hernia Mesh even if my surgery was before 2000? I am suffering the same symptoms & complaints.

Dayton, OH |

I called to inquire about my eligibility in the class action and was told they were only handling cases after 2000, however, if I could get the records they would look at it. I went to the hospital (in Louisiana) to retrieve my file and was told they were purged. This is the same hospital I had a child in 1994 (of which they had on file). In 2/1996 I had my uterus and a ruptured hernia removed, at the same time. not to mention I was readmitted, due to vomiting, for another day or two (those files were purged). Later in 1996 (10/1996) I went to ER with a UTI, (that record was on file). The only record I have is the fact that the doctor told me he implanted mesh to hold my bladder in place and he showed me a picture, because I was the smallest patient he had with a hernia that size.

1. The only way to know for sure is to bring all of your medical records to an experienced medical malpractice attorney for an answer. There are many law firms handling cases of this nature. Good luck.

2. I am not licensed in OH and it sound like you have gotten some specific advice. You have not indicated what, if any problems you are having that could be related to mesh. One of the main problems with the mesh or certain kinds of mesh was its migration and attachment to other structures. You have only spoken about a UTI - in addition, hospitals are not required to maintain records for 13 years.

3. Without the supporting medical records showing the specific mesh implant you had, you face a huge uphill battle regarding what type of mesh you have in your body.

Best of luck.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

4. Google defective mesh lawyer, and there is a laundry list of lawyers handling these cases.