Is there lawyers in reno nevada that for a price can gauarnetee that he will keep you out of prision

Reno, NV |

My friend is in jail for domestic violence by strangulation and kidnapping. He has only been to jail in the past for driving on a suspended I was wondering if there are lawyers that can gaurantee for a price that he won't go to prision.

If a lawyer ever professes to gaurantee a result, you should run not walk of their office.

The information presented here is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The Goodman Law Group, P.C. recommends that you consult an attorney with experience in your specific legal issue. Please contact us to schedule a confidential discussion of your situation. Such communication does not create an attorney-client relationship of any kind until a formal engagement agreement is signed by both you and the Goodman Law Group, P.C.

Richard Edmund Hawkins

Richard Edmund Hawkins

When a lawyer guarantees results, he is telling you that he lacks basic legal ethics. We are absolutely barred from doing this. If he plays fast and lose with state bar rules (the folks that govern his license), how can you have any belief that he's going to do right by you?

You and your lawyer had better get along well, because the two of you could wind up sharing a cell together for a long time.

Lawyers are prohibited by the State Bar of Nevada from ever promising a result. If this lawyer is doing something illegal like bribing a judge or whatever, the Defendant could suffer as a result. Find an experienced lawyer who tells you the truth. The truth is that no lawyer can ever guarantee a result.

No. There is no guarantee. However a good lawyer will do everything possible to provide excellent representation. Think of it as paying for the representation and not the final finding which is generally up to a jury or a judge.

The answer above is only based upon the limited information provided. The answer is limited and my review is likewise limited, and thus the response is not intended to be acted upon as legal advice. Although licensed in numerous states, I am currently only licensed to practice law in the state of Nevada. No attorney-client relationship is formed until you sign an attorney-client agreement with my office. Any information provided is for discussion purposes only and there is no attorney-client relationship formed. Only general legal information is provided. Each case is unique and accurate legal advise would require review of all details and documents for each specific case. It is possible that the comments here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate.