Skip to main content

Is there is a consumer protection letter that I can mail in Rhode Island or should I just bring a small claims action?

Cumberland, RI |

I am a Rhode Island resident and I used a contractor from RI to perform work at my house. He did significant damage to my property. What I find to be most disturbing is that he collects money in advance and when I fired him, he has refused to return my over payment for the 2 weeks that he did not perform. According to him, his company's policy is only to provide a credit for his company to perform future work instead of providing a refund. I have had 2 other contractors in to check his work and they have confirmed that the contractor was clueless. I have told him that I think his "company policy" equals unjust enrichment and since there was no written contract, his unwritten contract is deceitful . Is there a letter in Rhode Island that is the same as a 93A letter in Massachusetts?

Attorney Answers 1


I believe that you can find a .pdf for the letter on the website.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Lee toll free at (800) 241-0272 at his law firm. All initial consultations are free of charge.

Mark as helpful

Business topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics