Is there e a federal law limiting the time a consumer has to complain about overcharges?

Asked 5 months ago - Wilsonville, OR

I'm not great at reading over my Comcast bill. Found I've been charged for a service (streampix, like netflix) I didn't even know I had. Charges are about $6 a month, mysteriously added in January. The customer service rep says I have 60 days to complain about overcharges, according to federal law. Is this true? I never ordered this service. Also, even though I pay $10 a extra per month for top internet speed, it's been slow in recent months. Just got a notice from Comcast saying my modem, which they provide, is not adequate for top bandwidth speed. But I've been paying the extra since they upgraded in March. I asked them to credit the months I paid for top speed as well as the months I paid for the Streampix. They credited $20, saying that's more than they had to. What are my options?

1. Joshua Pond

1

Answered . It sounds like your woes are more recent than 60 days anyway. If they are charging you for services and then providing you with inadequate equipment, then they are wronging you now, not just in January. What I would do is to go as high up the totem pole as possible and see about getting this fixed without legal action. It is Comcast and, if you sue, they will have top lawyers on it. This will likely mean it will cost you quite a bit to take legal action. You will also likely run into the problem of the fact that you accepted their credit of the measly $20, which may be seen as satisfaction of the wrong. So, first step is to contact Comcast and keep asking to speak with whoever you're speaking to's manager and see how high up you can go and then, if they don't fix it, drop them.