Is there bail available for immigrants in detention?

Hobbs, NM |

We have a family friend who we recently found out is here illegally. He's a great guy, and we're wondering if bail is possible.

1. It is called bond and it is often available, but not in all cases. You should talk to an immigration attorney.

Wolf W. Kaufmann
    Southern California Immigration Attorney
    www.wolfklaw.com
    951-710-3250

No client-attorney relationship is being created by this posting. Please contact an attorney with questions about your case.

2. If he is not subject to mandatory detention, bond is available most of the time.

3. I agree with both attorneys
    Bond is available unless he is subject to mandatory detention. An attorney could figure if mandatory detention is the case

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

4. It all depends upon why he is in jail and whether there is an immigration hold by ICE. With an ICE hold he is held without bond until his immigration hearing, probably in El Paso, Texas. If he is in jail on another matter and ICE has not put a detainer on him for wrongful entry in the US, then you should post bond as quickly as possible before ICE finds out.

The jail should be able to tell you what is holding him and how much the bond is.