Skip to main content

Is there anyway to obtain a permanent residency on my own if I have been in the U.S for over 20 years I'm 23 years old?

San Bernardino, CA |

I was brought to the U.S when I was like 2 years old I started walking here went to school here pre-school thru high school graduated also have a clean record no criminal background history other than no licence tickets...

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Need more facts. You can apply for DACA.

Please click the link below for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


This is unlikely, because you will need a petitioner who is an immediate relative or a qualifying relative, among other requirements.

I strongly recommend an appointment or teleconference with a competent and experienced immigration attorney. You seem like you may qualify for the deferred action program, but more information is needed. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.



Ok first thank you for the advice/help but ok my sister is 21 years old if she ask for me would that help or what would hapend there? & I'm also in the process of the deffered action program have the application filled just working on the money situation but should be all ready by next week?


To get permanent residence you need to have a qualifying family or employment based petitioner.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer